Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Getting Ready!

Last time I was so excited to post that we are having a girl, I forgot to add some cute pictures...
 A BIG thanks to my friend Heather, for making this super cute cake!



 Think these grandmas are excited, or what? This is the first granddaughter for them both!


Technically, there are 72 days until our daughter's due date.  Technically.  It sounds like she will be early! She is measuring big too- 3 pounds 1 ounce at our last ultra sound which was a week ago.  She has gotten so big that you can't see all of her in one picture! So, we are starting to think she will be coming the end of August.

Time is just passing by so quickly.  On one hand, I am getting more and more excited.  I can't believe how soon until we are parents.  Just the thought overwhelms me with a joy that I cannot quite put into words.  On the other hand, it makes me nervous.  We feel like she is our daughter.  In our hearts, she already is.  But, legally, she is not.  Her birth will be a stressful, overwhelming, and exciting time.  Part of me is just ready to skip past all of that and be home with my husband and our daughter, giving her the best life we possibly can.  So, the next 2 months we will stay as busy as we can having fun to try and take our mind off of the nerve-racking part and focus on only the good!  My heart breaks for our birthmom though, and the closer we get in our relationship and the closer the time comes the more it breaks for her.  She knows she is doing the right thing, but she just loves this baby so much that it gets hard for her.  So, lots and lots of prayers for her please.  She needs all of the strength and comfort she can get during these last 2 or so months. 

Here's Mike building her dresser (with Kaden's help!)

 

 

AND-for my family and friends who are far away...here is the nursery!




 
 
Michael gets ALL the credit for this nursery!! He worked so stinking hard.  I dreamt up what I wanted in my head and he somehow made it happen! Well most of it. My mom & sister bought some cute things too! Either way, I think the room is darling and I can't wait for her to get here!
 
 
An update on fundraising: We are not having the adoptionpalozza, for 2 main reasons. 1-it was asking A LOT from  A LOT of people. 2- We are almost where we need to be! How exciting is that?! We are still doing our baby bottle fundraiser and we feel that between that and us saving our money we will be right where we need to be! BABY BOTTLE FUNDRAISER has so far brought in $798.51!!! HOLY MOLY!! Thank you all SO SO SO MUCH!
When I think about how we are going to be able to adopt without any debt, I just can't wrap my brain around it.  You all are so amazing and so generous-thank you!
 
As always, thanks for all of the ongoing prayers, love & support!
 


1 comment:

  1. What a neat cake! And that's a beautiful nursery. Your daughter will feel very loved and welcomed into her family. What a gift!

    ReplyDelete