Friday, March 8, 2013

Waiting, Crop Night, Poem-that I didn't write!

The crop night was GREAT! Thank you SO much Sandi, Kim & everyone who came! I had a great time, made some super cute things for the nursery/shower, and left with a bunch of hand made thank you cards.  The timing was perfect too, since our $5,000 that we have been saving for will be due shortly!





 
Me, Sandi & Kim giving a little talk about our crop night funraiser! If you are into scrapbooking, check our their website: http://www.memoriesunlimitedonline.com/

Dorky I know...but my mom and I were making decorations for the shower!

Wall hanging I painted and made for the nursery! Eventually it'll have their name in the star! Sorry it's sideways...I don't know how to fix it ;)

We are hoping to have a big 'adoption-palozza' party for a fundraiser this summer.  It will be a suggested donation for dinner, party & we'll also have a silent auction.  We already have the bbq meat donated! If anyone has any suggestions or connections for silent auction items, drink donations,  how to go about setting this up, or is willing/wants to help, please let us know! Our house and backyard is too small..hint hint! ;)


My in-laws found this neat poem on adoption and passed it along, it's from the Dear Abby section of the newspaper..

"Once there were two women, who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call mother.
Two different lives, shaped to make yours one.
One became your guiding star,
The other became your sun.
The first gave you life, and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, and the second was there to give it.
One gave you nationality, the other gave you a name.
One gave you a seed of talent,
The other gave you aim.
One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.
One gave you up-it was all she could do.
The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.
And now you ask me, through your tears,
The age-old question through the years:
Heredity or environment, which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling-neither,
Just two different kinds of love."

Ok, so it's a little corny and I'm not crazy about all of the wording but overall I really like it!  I hope our future baby knows the love their birth mom has for them.  Michael and I were discussing how our mind set on openness has done a 180 since starting all of this.  I used to have almost a fear of our  (hopefully soon to be) child's birth mom, and now I already respect her (even though I don't know YET who she is).  All I know that whoever she is and whenever I get the privelege of meeting her and my baby, I will forever admire her and be so grateful.  I just am hoping God brings us together sooner rather than later...

Well, 5 hours later we almost have our birth parent portfolio done! We sent it off to our birth mom counselor to get some feedback before we order them all.  We have only a few little loose ends to tie up before we are 'avaliable.'  I was hoping to have this all done by this week, but thanks to the CBI and all their back-ups we are still waiting.  I know it will all work out soon though.

Besides that, things have just been moving along.  This may sound crazy, but reaching the end of the 'work' part of all of this has been bittersweet, and harder than I had anticipated.  Everything that I had control over, is done.  That is a strange feeling to know that now I just have to sit back and wait for God's timing.  I know that all along everything that we have gotten done has been because He has opened so many doors, but it is hard for me to wait.  REALLY hard.  Especially for something so huge.  Anyone who has known me longer than a month can back me up when I say I have a hard time waiting.  My social worker, birth mom counselor, everyone at the agency had prepared us for this but it's always tougher when it comes.  They said that as soon as you get your final check mark on your 'adpotion to-do' list checked off, it's not easy to wait.  Suddenly, I have nothing baby related to keep me busy and I am reminded that all I have left right now for my baby is a pile of completed paper work and an empty bedroom.

I am so thankful that our baby shower is coming up in just less than a month! It gives me something to look forward to and to keep my mind busy while we wait. The other major thing that I know without a doubt that God had His hand in is our upcoming trip to visit family.  Crazy how God always knows just how much my little heart can handle, and right now nothing sounds better than spending time with my husband and grandparents and soaking up (hopefully!) some Cali sunshine.

I assume for the next few months there won't be a lot to update on once we get our completed home study, but I will still do my best to put my thoughts and emotions into words on here and get you all informed on how we're holding up!

Thanks for all the prayers, love, support (finanically AND emotionally) that you all have offered.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my love, are you guys registered for the baby shower somewhere???

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-Babies R Us & Target...but you are working hard saving up for your wedding so don't worry about it! Love you

      Delete