Thursday, March 14, 2013

Baby Bottle Fundraiser!

We found a great idea for our latest fundraiser! All you do is take a baby bottle and fill it with extra change.  Once it's full just return it to us, and we will put it towards our adoption!  If you would like one and/or if you know anyone who would be willing to help, please let us know.  A little bit from a lot of people can go a long way. 

First, I want to share a little background on these special bottles.  Several months ago, before we took our leap of faith, we met with two awesome couples we were connected with at church.  They both adopted their cute little girls and understood exactly how we felt, thought, etc.  They told us their stories, shared helpful information, but most importantly filled us with hope and surrounded us with support as we started our adoption journey.  Laura, Tonya, Pete & Paul-just so you know, we are SO thankful for you all.  Anyway, back to the bottle story.  One couple who adopted their daughter as an infant, was blessed with donated breast milk for their little miracle.  These bottles were collected from all over the place from wonderful 'Milk Mommies' who were willing to help in whatever way possible.  Well, she had kept these bottles wondering if she should just recycle them, but she really wanted to save them for something special.  That's where we came in!  It is just so amazing how God works, often times in ways I wouldn't have imagined.  So, if you decide to join in our baby bottle fundraiser, please add a thanksgiving prayer when you add change, for God just providing one thing after another!

Baby bottles ready to be filled:


Here's what the poem says, "
Matzke Adoption Money

Please add your quarters, pennies, nickels or dimes

Save them up for a couple months’ time.

When your baby bottle’s full,

You are helping us to meet our goal!

Thanks for the support!

Love, Mike & Sara


One last thought.  It is amazing how through this journey, the strength of my faith has multiplied.  I literally understand what it means to see God move mountains in my life.  This last week, there has been a couple Bible verses in one of my favorite songs, 'The Proof of Your Love' by King & Country, that has just completely stuck with me.  I know all of these wonderful things that Jesus is doing, and I am just so filled with love.
 (Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 13: 1-3)
'If I can speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy
But I don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate
If I speak God's word with power, revealing all His mysteries
And making everything as plain as day
And if I say to a mountain jump and it jumps
But I don't love, I'm nothing
If i give all I own to the poor
Or if I even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr
But I don't have love, I've gotten nowhere
So, no matter what we say, no matter what we believe, no matter what we do
We're bankrupt without love'


I love Him, my husband, our family and friends and everyone that has rallied around us just to get this far.  So, thank you & I love you.

So-if you want a bottle, just comment, call or send me a message and we will get it to you!

THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment