Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New look?

Ok, I updated the whole layout of the blog-what do ya think? 

Anyway, we have our CORE training class Friday & Saturday.  I AM SO EXCITED! I'll be sure to post after we're done and share all the details that I can.  I heard from Beth today, she said our Home Study is all written and her supervisor is just reviewing it.  In about a week or so, we will be able to look it over and it will be turned in! I still have a few odds and ends to finish up, like sending some paper work and our $5,000 but we are soooo close to being good to go.

I don't know what it is, but I sure have had some peace in my heart these last few weeks.  I just know that God is leading us and that is such a beautiful feeling.  It is hard when people ask how long until we are placed, when I just don't have an answer.  My response has been, "Anywhere from tomorrow til a year and a half from now." Of course, I am crossing my fingers for sooner rather than later. 

I am also so excited for our baby shower.  My sister (in law), with help from mine and Michael's moms, has been working hard.  She's making the invitations herself, so as soon as I get to see one I'll post it on here.  There's not a lot to chose from as far as an adoption baby shower invitation, so I am SO SO SO excited to see what they came up with! I found a couple of ideas on Pinterest that I passed along, so we'll see how it turns out! We went and registered at Babies-R-Us and Target.  I loved sharing that with my husband.  For the first time, it sort of hit us that all of this work will end up with a baby! Sometimes I feel like all of this has become such a business transaction, that it was really nice to be reminded that when this is all done, I'll be a mama.  It was also the first time that I really felt like I was preparing for my baby.  I just can't wait to find out who they are, and where they are coming from!!

That's all for now, I'll update it after our class this week :)

Love,
Sara

1 comment:

  1. and Mama is the best name of all!!! Whitney has done a great job on the invites!!! I am excited for you to see them....soon you will!! I love your new look here too!!
    the 'business' side of all this is about done and you guys have been amazing through it all.... Love you forever and always!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete